MABOPA organised an open house event in conjuction with Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Deepavali celebration on 16th October 2009 at One World Hotel, Petaling Jaya. The guest of honour was Y. Bhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Hj. Alimuddin Bin Hj. Mohd Dom, Ketua Pengarah Pelajaran Malaysia and Mr. Abd Halim Ismail, Pengarah of MBKM.
52 members attended the open house function. The turn out was a bit low due to the date being the eve of Deepavali and some members were away at the Frankfurt Book Fair. The exco sincerely apologized for the timing of this event, which we have to do considering the tight schedule of Y. Bhg Tan Sri Dato’ Alimuddin.
Nevertheless, it was a good opportunity to be able to meet up with Tan Sri and the members appreciate his willingness to listen and his commitment to address the problems which was brought up by the members. The Q & A session was lively and covered a variety of subjects such as;
- E-books issue in Terengganu
- The need to limit subjects in SPM
- The translation subsidy for critical books
- The photocopying issue in schools
- Budget for the purchase of books
- 2012 text books of Science and Maths
- To reduce the cost of tendering process